What does the provide first aid course include?Training at Real First Aid, onsite or inhouse, provides competencies that are particularly relevant to ESI occupations. Provide First Aid in an ESI Environment is a specialised course, with attainments that can be applied at work, at home, or anywhere else. Course participants learn how to create a safe workplace, approach a casualty, communicate with helpers, perform CPR and provide resuscitation. Real First Aid will get you up to speed on all procedures and techniques needed to become a competent and effective first aid responder.
Real First Aid training includes simulation based training methods that provide deeper immersion in learning and greater knowledge and skills retention. Provide First Aid in an ESI Environment (UETTDRRF10B) covers essential skills that include:
- Assessing the emergency site for hazards
- Clear communication with emergency services personnel
- Safely removing an unconscious victim from the vicinity of live electricity
- Performing life-saving CPR and other essential first aid procedures
- Documenting the first aid response in accord with workplace protocol
Are other first aid courses suitable for the electricity supply industry?
A major attraction of first aid and CPR attainments is adaptability. Our Real First Aid courses in Melbourne can be learnt as stand-alone subjects, applied for industry-specific purposes, or built upon to complete a formidable emergency response skill set. Other popular courses delivered by Real First Aid include:
- Provide CPR (HLTAID001)
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
- Provide Advanced First Aid (HLTAID006)
- Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel (UETTDRRF06B)
What other workplace qualifications does the course provide?
At Real First Aid in Melbourne, course participants can fulfil all employment first aid obligations, satisfy industry requirements, learn new skills, and develop greater awareness and confidence to provide a timely and effective first aid approach. The knowledge and skills gained in Provide First Aid in an ESI Environment are essential qualifications for employment in a number of fields, with skill sets and training packages that include:
- Transmission, Distribution and Rail Sector Training Package
- Refresher – Perform Tower Rescue and Provide First Aid
- Refresher – Perform Switchyard Rescue at Heights and Provide First Aid