The data on Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Australia differs slightly from organisation to organisation, but it is estimated between 20,000 and 40,000 people will suffer a Sudden Cardiac Arrest each year. It is the leading cause of death in Australia with a survival rate of between 2%-5%. Sudden Cardiac Arrest is not isolated to older people and can strike at any time, but it is underestimated in its power to destroy lives.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest is caused by a glitch in the heart’s electrical system which makes the heart beat extremely quickly (ventricular tachycardia) or chaotically (ventricular fibrillation) or both. This ‘arrhythmia’ is what causes the heart to stop beating in its usual manner, and thus prevents blood from being pumped around the body.
– Loss of consciousness
– Loss of normal breathing function
– No sign of life
For all intense and purposes, someone who suffers from Sudden Cardiac Arrest is dead. After a victim experiences the unconsciousness caused by Sudden Cardiac Arrest there is 4 to 6 minutes before brain death and further terminal damage is done. Currently, approximately 95% of Sudden Cardiac Arrest victims die before they get to hospital.
Australia’s best chance of combating the threat of Sudden Cardiac Arrest is with the everyday bystander to emergency incidents. The required treatment for Sudden Cardiac Arrest is defibrillation, applying rapid electrical shock to the victim to jolt the heart back into regular rhythm and allow blood to be pumped around the body.
The Powerheart G5 Fully Automatic Defibrillator is the everyday man’s tool to become a lifesaving hero. With ambulance response times between 10-12 minutes, rapid response from bystanders is essential to achieving a positive outcome in the face of a Sudden Cardiac Arrest. More than 80% of Sudden Cardiac Arrests occur in homes or public places, where access to an Defibrillator is the key to survival. Impossible to use incorrectly, anyone can confidently respond to a Sudden Cardiac Arrest with this Defibrillator. It is quick to set up, meaning treatment can begin in moments of the Defibrillator being accessed.
Key Features of the Powerheart G5 Fully Automatic Defibrillator
– 7 Year Warranty
– 4 Year battery guarantee (batteries have a 5 year shelf life)
– Detailed voice and text information, with clear CPR performance instructions
– Thorough automatic self-testing of critical components on a daily, weekly and monthly schedule
– Optional CPR Device giving user clear instruction and real-time feedback prompts
– Semi automatic or Fully automatic options
– Electrodes that can be used on either side of the body
– Variable energy levels for each patient (95 – 354 joules)
– 90 minutes internal storage capacity for rescue data
– Simple USB data transfer/upload software
– IP55 rating (dust and water)