Travel Scholarship for Indigenous Paramedic and Nursing Students
About the ScholarshipThe Real Response Travel Scholarship for Indigenous Paramedic and Nursing Students provides up to $3,000 AUD for one student per year to assist in covering the costs of attending a conference in relation to their degree. The purpose of attending the conference should be to assist with the student’s research or professional development. The student does not necessarily have to be presenting a paper or poster at the conference to be eligible to apply for the grant, however it is preferred. The scholarship may be used for flights, accommodation and conference registration up to a total of $3,000. The conference may be domestic or international. As part of the scholarship students are required to write a report on the key learnings taken from the conference which can be shared with the University and Real Response networks for the benefit of other students.
EligibilityTo qualify for the Real Response’s Travel Scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Be a current Undergraduate Paramedic or Nursing student enrolled at an Australian University.
- Provide proof of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage under the following three working criteria:
- Being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Identifying as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- Being accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived.
Application DetailsApplications are open from 1st June 2018 and closes July 31st 2018. If you are interested in applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Subject line: Name – Travel Scholarship for Indigenous Paramedic and Nursing Students Scholarship 2018 Application
- Your Resume – full name/address/contact number included.
- Official enrolment documentation – the name of the University institution and degree, course you’re currently enrolled in.
- Proof of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage – under the three working criteria above
- Conference Proposal – Tell us in 500 words or less why attending this conference will be of benefit to your personal and professional development.